Delayed or cancelled flight? Get up to €600 per passenger with compensair 🌍 It works for flights up to 6 years back 🌎
If you have never sat around in an airport and waited while your flight was delayed, you’ve never flown before. Or, maybe only flown once or twice. Did you know the suffering caused by having to sit around and wait could actually be worth more than a headache? Turns out we could all be entitled to some financial compensation.
Are you eligible for flight compensation?
In accordance with EU Regulation 261/2004 a passenger is entitled to 250-600 euros of compensation in case of:
- Flight delay more than 3 hours
- Flight cancellation
- Denied boarding due to overbooking
- Missed connection due to a delay of the first segment (you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than planned)
The only requirement is that your disrupted flight needed to have happened up to six years back (depending on the country of departure)
- within the EU (on any airline)
- leaving the EU (on any airline)
- or arriving into EU (on EU airline)
|Route||Airline is from EU||Airline is not from EU|
|From outside EU to outside EU||❌||❌|
|From outside EU to EU||✓||❌|
|From EU to outside EU||✓||✓|
|From EU to EU||✓||✓|
Right to compensation based on type of flight and airline
How much exactly should you get for disrupted flight?
The amount of compensation you’re entitled depends on several factors, including how long you have been delayed, and the distance of your flight. You can calculate the exact amount using the chart below or the simple compensation calculator on the Compensair’s website:
|Type of disruption||Length of delay||Distance|
|Less than 2 hours||More than 2 hours||More than 3 hours||More than 4 hours|
|Denied boarding||€ 125||€ 250||€ 250||€ 250||1500 km and less|
|€ 200||€ 400||€ 400||€ 400||All flights inside EU longer than 1500 km and all flights between 1500 and 3500 km|
|€ 300||€ 600||€ 600||€ 600||All flights with arrival or departure outside EU longer than 3500 km|
|Flight delay||€0||€0||€ 250||€ 250||1500 km and less|
|€0||€0||€ 400||€ 400||All flights inside EU longer than 1500 km and all flights between 1500 and 3500 km|
|€0||€ 0||€ 300||€ 600||All flights with arrival or departure outside EU longer than 3500 km|
|Flight cancellation||€ 125||€ 250||€ 250||€ 250||1500 km and less|
|€ 200||€ 200||€ 400||€ 400||All flights inside EU longer than 1500 km and all flights between 1500 and 3500 km|
|€ 300||€ 300||€ 300||€ 600||All flights with arrival or departure outside EU longer than 3500 km|
Flight compensation amount
How to claim?
There are two ways to file your claim to airline: you can embark on the claim process independently or let Compensair take a fight for you by filling in the simple claim form.
If you decide to proceed on your own, you will need the following:
- Draw up a claim with supporting evidence and necessary documents;
- Submit a claim in the way required by an airline (online form, fax, email, etc.);
- Wait for a response (it may take several months);
- Draw up again a legally justified response to airline’s payment refusal or send a claim again (if ignored);
- In case of unjustified refusal or ignorance, you will need to apply to consumer rights protection authorities of the country of departure and/or to court.
Or you can let Compensair manage everything as quickly as possible for 25% success fee. They will take on all the hassle providing regular updates along the way. And there is no risk at all – they will charge you only in case of success.
Share the article with friends that should know about this program!
In the mood to plan your next trip with ? Than get some inspiration now here!