My personal highlight: Entering the gate to the home of Floating Leaf. Breathing in tranquil energy while observing Putu the owner working passionately in the garden. Understanding in that moment, that here values as care and love towards everybody and everything are fully lived.
Floating leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat is located in the village of Sukawati surrounded by verdant rice paddies not far from the ocean. Here mind and soul are invited to relax. Ancient Balinese wisdom is combined with modern luxury to make guests feel happy and well balanced.
Only a 20 minutes drive from Ubud and 15 minutes from the city of Sanur it offers a great location. (Sanur is often used for transfers by boat to other beautiful islands as Gili Trawangan or Lembongan).
Embracing positive energy and tranquillity and making it eco friendly for all.
It’s the organic garden-to-table farming, the design construction following sustainable concept with very harmonic round shapes, recyclable materials, the use of the sun power or the involvement and support of local people in various chains of sustainable agriculture and education on understanding the aim of a eco friendly environment.
Behind Floating Leaf stands a passionate and experienced team of professionals. Mikaku and Putu are the owners and inspiring sources of the house.
Learn how to discover the beauty of living the moment and challenging the own mind at the same time. At its heart, Floating Leaf is a retreat including an educational facility.
5 things to do at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat
- Forget home and feel the calmness by only observing the surrounding from one of their relaxing spots. Use the hammock, the vintage veranda with a comfortable wooden gazebo. The healing pool filled partially with saltwater which feels softer and is less abrasive to the skin and hair.
- It’s the ideal place to practice guided meditation or yoga. Book either a retreat or bring your own yogis to Floating Leaf. Get in contact with the management here.
- Try their super delicious organic food that is all home made. The raw food selection is variegated.
Elixir Drinks provide the right boost to your organism. The recipes follow ancient Balinese traditions. My absolute favorite one is the liver cleanser made of carrots, beetroot, apple and ginger.
- Absolutely worth having a hot stone massage. Book your stay at Floating Leaf now and get a Balinese massage for free by using the promotion code Lovefoodish.
- Explore every angle at Floating Leaf and go to the organic garden. Get to see colorful plants, herbs, fruits and vegetables. Absolutely recommend the roof. You get the whole picture of the place with view to mount Agung or the ocean. Best sunset point.
Find 10 spacious luxury non-smoking rooms constructed offering a sustainable modern living.
The rooms are spacious and invite to spend time. Choose the room with pool view to get the full experience of the magnificent view over the rice paddies. Enjoy the open bathroom to have a shower before sunset time. Book your room here.
Food & Drinks
Floating Leaf subsidizes local farmers to support retaining traditional methods of agriculture and grow organic nutrient rich foods. Half of the property is dedicated to the permaculture garden, this to cover a selection of healthy food and drink. Experience the farm to table philosophy. The dining area is lovely. Sit at the long table and interact with other guests to share stories of life.
Floating Leaf has been heralded to be one of the world’s healthiest destinations using freshest, organic ingredients.
The must try from the menu
- Cold home made Kombucha tea, it is essentially a fermented tea super refreshing and healthy for your organism and digestion system.
- Pumpkin pancakes with a homemade coconut yoghurt for breakfast to boost your day with the right portion of energy.
- A super fresh cucumber salad with almond or cashew sprinkle and fresh grated coconut.
- Quinoa or brown rice Sushi. The brown rice is from a local supplier and tastes just wonderful.
- Thai fish curry mild and tasty with fish catch from the local fisher.
- Dessert: Indonesian black rice with coconut milk and banana. All local products.
Yoga, retreats, surf and culture or just relax
No matter what your heart is in the mood for. Some days of detox including yoga lessons, a mix of beach and Balinese culture tour or easy relaxing time at the pool. Choose what fits best to you. Putu and Mikaku are happy to give you suggestions. They have the perfect understanding in catching your need.
Planning your own retreat or considering joining one? The Yoga Sanctuary with 2000 square foot (186 sq meters) space is perfect. It has been heralded as “Asia’s best place to practice Yoga*.
My personal highlights
Being part of this house for a few days made me understand what a eco friendly surrounding Putu and Mikaku built here in Bali. As a traveler you get to see a lot of beaches and forests in Indonesia, clean ones but sadly lot of dirty ones. Through my stay here I feel the desire to support their actual project called The Green Village project. It supports locals in giving more awareness to protect their environment and keep it clean. Villages throughout Bali are competing to become the cleanest and greenest community on the island. I think it’s really important to share and support each other. Read all details on the program here. Donate easily here.
I am happy to have taken part of this experience at Floating Leaf and thankful to all of the new nice souls met here. Terimakasi /Thank you Floating Leaf Family.
Are you in the mood of more lovefoodish travel stories? Maybe you plan to visit Malaysia? Get a glimpse of it here!